01 October 2017

042/100 days of aspirin

Brunch this morning in a new creperie, I had a garlic mushroom galette, which was okay but not inspired. Even with boot and crutch, the staff were all "you have to come to the counter to order, and take your drink back to the table with you." The tables were sticky still, something not right in the new varnish rather than not clean. It just didn't have a welcoming feel. 

Watched some of the runners going through the bay for the Cardiff half marathon, before the rain really settled in. The atmosphere, despite the dampness was moving. Some girls in a camoflage uniform were standing on the bridge, cheering and encouraging, but also telling the runners they'd reached half way. If I'd been in their place I would have wanted to strangle the megaphone girl telling me that. Further up, a drumming band, and an alternative uniform, red headbands and patterned loose leggings. I wanted to be able to do a half marathon in that moment. Jingoism works.

However, I went home and started a new knitting project... out with the old and in with the new

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...