26 February 2010

Writing challenge - update

Honestly speaking, I have enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. 
I had visions that I would get to day 4 or 5 and have run out of ideas and characterizations; or that it would be obvious by this point that all the characters were simply variations on a theme (me) and that I could not write from a viewpoint that was not my own.
So I'm particularly pleased that from the votes in so far (cue authoritarian tones) 90% have found the characters posted so far pretty convincing. 
It's interesting to see who the most and least likeable characters are so far too, people are pretty neutral on the whole about Loukas & Natalie; on balance they like Melissa (or are at least sorry for her) and they love Claire (although some think she is carelessly immoral.)  No-one so far seems to like Alison much.  It will be interesting to see how it all pans out by the end of the project!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed!

1 comment:

  1. No way did it seem like all were a variation on you - I know you said Alison was to some extent (and I recognised the language!!) but I didn't find her unlikeable but thought there was less sympathy directed at her - she must've been stressed by being surrounded by so many dodgy humans
    Immoral isn't unlikeable, but Claire did at least seem to enjoy life and have a stronger sense of self (Loukas had it in spdes obviously!)
    It would be interesting to hear, for example, a conversation between Hendrik & Melissa ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...