15 February 2010

Back again...

Oh dear, another week away from the creative impulse...
Well not strictly true, the impulse was there on fleeting occasions, and I have written several ideas & phrases in my notebook, but nothing was flowing as far as bringing the written word to the page.
Coming home on a couple of flights today, I was trying to watch people as a prelude to doing some character studies; I feel I need to practice creating some believable people who are not just an extension of myself; people who would behave differently to how I naturally would when put into a particular situation.  But I watched myself from outside instead.  To paraphrase Jane Gaskell, "incidentally, surely that's allowed as I'm the only interesting person around".  A blonde shaggy cropped head, dark rimmed "clever" glasses, with a pint of cider in one hand and a book introducing quantum theory in the other...  I spent some time wondering if people would notice and wonder if I was posing or genuine; but I suppose as usual people don't notice much outside their own heads & concerns.
Other than that, I have been in the accepting and comfortable world of being at home with my family; recharging my batteries, watching some good & bad rugby, and avoiding thinking about valentines day. 
Of course, the nunber of mafia/farmville/petville/fishville/facebook etc valentines I received mean that this year has been officially my most popular ever!  Back in school when boys were another species I could only dream of receiving multiple valentines, let alone into triple figures, but how mercenary they all are this year, given to receive further presents/points etc.  I'm not sure if this was any different way back when, even then they seemed to be merely a way of scoring popularity.  I'm not sure if I am a hopeless cynic or a hopeless romantic.  I guess I'd like to believe in a lasting love; but not the Hallmark hearts & flowers version.  Or kidneys...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...