30 January 2010

Faith in logic

I thought men were supposed to be the logical ones, able to think without all that fuzz of emotion that, as a member of the weaker sex, I am obviously so prone too.  I asked him "What criteria are you using to judge if your marriage is working?"
He couldn't answer me, he told me that he hadn't thought of it as a "project to manage", slightly huffily. After a bit of scrabbling about, he said that he couldn't afford for it not to work, thinking I would take this at face value and think about the financial costs.
I knew he was hiding his blind faith from me, his vision of what a good family should be; he wants the chance of being "a good father", and proving himself a better man than his own Dad.
It is one more chance I have given him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...