16 October 2017

057/100 days of aspirin

Yes, on the day of orange skies as Ophelia blew past, I was signed off able to return to work. 67 days or (unfortunately) 9½ weeks after my ankle twisted over on the stairs. I'm free to return!
I spent quite an inordinate amount of time getting the bloody printer to work to get the paperwork together, but that's all sent off. And a long nap in the afternoon after a restless night. That's my head mentally gearing up for work, waking me earlier than needed.

A posted link in the Facebook group this morning, to a bunch of TED talks. I find myself resistant to watching videos and am not entirely sure why. Part of it is because they are so slow, I can read the transcript in a fraction of the time it takes to watch someone else read it out loud. Partly because it's one read through only and doesn't allow for other interpretations, even one charismatic person. Or perhaps they are the worst, because my nature resists charisma, looks for the fake. And partly because I have got lazy, video or tv is for multi-tasking in front of. It divides my attention.

A good meeting with the writing group, poetry in the teeth of a gale, sitting outside for a while as an event took part at the centre. 4 exercises today, shorter peices and only six of us to read aloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...