19 April 2011

good weather, good mood

The sun shines still, and I drove home topless, my hair in my eyes and up my nose with the breeze from the cars movement - it wasn't quite bumper to bumper all the way but there were certainly a lot of people leaving early to make the most of the pleasant evening sun.
I was kicking myself as I drove to work this morning, during March I passed a pylon stub, and pieces of pylon littered on the ground ready for building, and I promised myself I would stop and take some pictures for Parmanu, but I never got around to it, and now the pylon is up and ordinary.
I did make the detour today to see the blasted tree, and can report that it is indeed alive, with caterpillar green leaves perching on top of the horizontal frame like a bad toupee, so it's not a particularly good symbol or metaphor for heartache any longer. I still feel strangely calm, indefinite about that topic at the moment, the temptation is still there, to beg and abase myself if only things could go back (to what, I don't question right now); and I know it grows with the evening. But I am coping, I think.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a Pylon under construction, and now that I think of it (and given their ubiquitous character) this seems strange. Don't miss the next opportunity!

    The first sentence brought up a different image. The convertible was only a second - and unwilling - thought. Which one do you drive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, every morning I went to work I thought "must remember my camera tomorrow! and never did... obviously I'm not as much of a morning person as I thought.

    I have a Smart Roadster ;)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Roadster

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...