24 September 2010

housework

I hate it,
I hate being told what
I should do
to fit in as a good
little housewife,
but I know
what's good enough
for me isn't
good enough for other people.
Hoovering up spiders.
The dust bunnies
under my bed are
pre-mammalian,
a grey and fibrous
slime mould rearing its
head and looking
for more salubrious surroundings.
They reach their fingers
into my nose
and creep, creep,
so as not to waken
the sneeze reflex, creep
down my airways as
if seeking their
primordial swamp.
They should have hung
a left, and headed
for my brain.
Who would want to
tackle such a creature?

1 comment:

  1. the dust bunnies in my house are huge, more like dust wolverines.

    But it is a good thing I live too far away to pop in unnanounced because now that you've told me, I am fascinated by the slime-thingy and want to visit and take a scraping.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...