28 May 2010

Norma Jean challenge

The Man with No Name, he once said "They say marriages are made in Heaven, but so is thunder and lightning."  Me and the wife, well, we were finally over after four and a half years together, and the first two were pretty good, but well; if you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.

She told me “I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.” She reckoned it's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid, and she was afraid of what would happen if things kept on the way they did.  But I didn't expect her to be standing over me one sultry sticky smoky night on the edge of the woods quoting The Man back at me.  "There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun and those who dig. You dig."


Inspired by Grey Johnson here

2 comments:

  1. I loved the ending to this post. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quoting Clint will always get a nod from me!
    I like the way you tied these lines together. Nice piece!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...