24 May 2010

Bees will throb out

A new kid comes into the classroom today, kind of older than me but he could just be a September kid and I am always one of the youngest as I wasn't born until August. He is sturdy and has a blue shirt and darker blue neat shorts on but his knees are scabbed and criss-crossed with white scars underneath that. I want to see if he will be my friend but I am nervous, at the first playtime I stand in the group around him but just watch him talk to them. His hair is a bright copper. After lunch we go to the playground again and I want to introduce myself, say "Hi, I'm Barbara," but the B's will throb out as I stammer and blush so I say only "Hi." He smiles at me though, not laughs and we race to the end of the playground.

1 comment:

  1. You have a way with the super short story. I could feel her nervousness. I've been there and you conveyed that feeling of, What if he/she doesn't like me. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...