27 October 2017

068/100 days of aspirin

Being busy to mask the sound of silence.

Spent a couple of hours working, and got the car tyre changed. As I drove off to the supermarket the tyre warning light came on. I parked up, looked at the handbook (I know the limitations of my knowledge), decided that the issue was the new tyre was fuller than the old ones and I just needed to fill those up. Not before I had spent time thinking abount all the things that could go wrong if I obeyed my instinct to bury my head in the sand and ignore it. Imagining having the warning light on for ever more because I didn't go back to the garage, or because I chose the local garage instead of the main dealer or, or, or...

In my work with different personality types, I know there are people who spot the right thing to do, and just go and do it, without any agonies of indecision. So many times I envy that certainty. Not getting distracted by a dizzying array of possibilities.

Back to the silence, and realising that some possibilities are just too improbable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...