07 October 2017

048/100 days of aspirin

Todays improvement was wearing a real boot on the broken ankle. I'd been out for lunch with a friend, a "normal" five minute walkaway, in the moonboot. I feel like I am motoring in the moonboot now, especially around the house, although I still take the crutch out it's mostly for uneven paths and possible slippiness - leaves and puddles are unavoidable at this time of year.
When I got back home I put the matching hiking boot on. Too swollen still to pull the laces tight, but I did manage to get my foot in there. Setting off for the sofa felt weird, like the leg was that bouncy floaty numb of pins and needles. And I noticed, almost immediately, that I could roll my foot better, making a more natural walking motion. So these boots will be the order of the day for a couple of days, and then I can try going outside in them. Or at least into the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...