22 January 2011

You are my world

Again, I muse on music.  
My brother sniffily remarked, perusing my CD haul after a shopping trip to the sales, "They do make new music, you know."  I don't know how or why, but those aural memories of teenage heard songs never disappear.  Sure, they fade, but it only takes hearing the song again to remember, to sing along, even to sing 'your' thread in all the complex harmonies.  The world (between my house and the large Hit in Sankt Augustin) does not know how lucky it is that the day was full of tired grey snow, or my car window would have been open; and passers by would be treated to me shrilling along to Jimmy Somerville's falsetto, and the harmonising lower notes...

go on, have a go...

1 comment:

  1. Agree wholeheartedly about the strength and ability of teenage tunes to stay in the memory - but am thankful that I can say, hand on heart, I have absolutely no recollection of EVER having heard this Communards song. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...