20 January 2011

no saag today

Thinking of the senses, and haven't covered smell in the aros stuff so far, I hadn't really observed anything particularly related to smell, living in the winter, in flat, car, office block is a generally deodorized environment. And today's stone is about the absence of smell too, a friend was sending me a curry via a colleague travelling back from the UK.  It was 27th of December when I last had one, at the curry house on the suburban estate I grew up on.

The courier arrived late today,
anticipation high, I could almost smell the saag aloo
shish kebabs too
but he had forgotten, left them in his fridge.
He left the office decorated in post-its
saying "Curry"
I will imagine the aroma and
the taste and the yellow
sticking to my fingers.

3 comments:

  1. Don't want to rub it in ... but we're having curry tonight - I can smell it cooking as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm, good nonsmelly smell, the next best thing to having some. Good idea for dinner, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I anticipate it too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...