24 January 2010

A weak writing week

I haven't written much for a while; I've been following people at 6S and reading these & various other blogs avidly, commenting occasionally. I had a 5 day week at work (I know, it's amazing how fast I forgot this was normal) and work also extruded itself into the weekend.  I did manage to write a piece on what love means to me for submission & hopefully later publication/approval, but it's felt odd not to have published anything for a week to the blog or other website...
Minor turbulence this week when I found an ages old flame via facebook, I proposed friendship and he accepted.  I am not particularly surprised to see that he seems to be pursuing a life of status symbols; maybe the exotic young new wife is one of those or maybe there is genuine feeling there.  Now my surface is smoothing out again & the ripples in my composure quickly fade, it is a pleasant surprise to realise I don't much care.
But.. the lastest flame I had is still smouldering on after the event; he knows it and as long as I am not depressed about it he seems to be content that I still dance around that candle.  Sooner or later I will have to snuff it, but still it brings light and a tiny heat into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...