21 November 2009

Getting started...

Randomly browsing on Facebook last night, I was struck by the blog "one hundred words, once a day" (http://www.100words365.blogspot.com/) I like the idea of having the discipline to sit down and write some few words for public consumption each day - I probably like it all the more because I am not sure if I actually do have the discipline to do it. I'm in the frame of mind where I feel I need to do something to climb out of the pit, although as I can blog from the comfort / space of my home I'm not sure how much this will really answer that need. I did go out & get a couple of Christmas presents this morning, and braved the shopping purgatory that is IKEA too, which beats last weekends activity levels already - & I still have the delights of going to Kaufland to come! Hotdogs at IKEA now come with the dried onion bits you put in salads... not a patch on proper fried onions though. I would like to get started on some fiction writing, not just blog as an alternative to diary writing. I used to write "stories" mostly in my teens, although the last time I tried was probably late 20's. I think I am better at descriptions, rather than characterisation or plot building, but it will be interesting to see if with regular practice something actually develops. So, thanks to Jo Parker for providing the inspiration, and lets see where this thing goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...